Senior Communications Specialist
REPORTS TO: Director of Communications
The Senior Communications Specialist is responsible for developing and implementing a marketing strategy in support of BJCTA’s strategic goals. As a member of BJCTA’s Department of Communication, this involves creating promotional materials, managing social media, overseeing internal and external communications, liaising with media and external constituents, and analyzing and evaluating marketing practices. The Senior Communications Specialist is committed to collaborative and inter-departmental leadership, workforce development, goal setting and performance metrics, community engagement, and streamlined workflow processes; and works in a fast-paced environment and promotes a highly innovative workplace.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Leads the development and implementation of marketing campaigns and strategies that will help further BJCTA’s mission and success goals.
- Oversees day-to-day media relations for the organization including developing news releases, monitoring media coverage, and developing relationships with the media.
- Serves as a key member of BJCTA’s Customer Experience team to increase customer satisfaction and grow ridership.
- Creates internal communications protocols and initiatives that foster employee morale and ensure brand continuity.
- Oversees the creation of marketing collateral to ensures that it is consistent with the organization's brand including advertising campaigns, website content and graphics, printed materials, and more.
- Coordinates the production and delivery of any BJCTA internal and external newsletters on a regular basis.
- Organizes customer events.
- Develops and manages BJCTA’s community partnerships.
- Measures and reports on key marketing performance indicators of BJCTA’s Strategic Plan.
Supervision: Marketing Specialists.
Education: Bachelor of Arts Degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, or Public Relations or Journalism.
Experience: Seven to ten years prior experience working in a marketing and/or communications role. Proven success designing and executing marketing, communications, and media strategies and campaigns.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1.Accomplished at utilizing social media for brand growth and engagement.
2.Superior written communication skills for a variety of formats and purposes.
3.Experience and desire to work in a collaborative work environment with a community-driven purpose.
4.Capable of leading teams and supervisory experience.
5.Up to date on industry trends and able to stay ahead of the curve.
6.Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
7.Must be able to think analytically and strategically.
8.Great multitasker and capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects with different deadlines.
9.Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills.
10.Proven experience utilizing social media marketing tools, developing, and designing online and print promotional literature to highlight programs or services.
11.Event management experience.
12.Ability to plan, lead, and manage a complex workload while balancing multiple priorities.
13.Proven experience working collaboratively and effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
14.Demonstrated initiative and creativity.
15.Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
BJCTA is a Drug-Free/Smoke-Free Workplace, and an Equal Opportunity Employer.