Lead Customer Care Associate
DEPARTMENT: Customer Care
REPORTS TO: Customer Care Supervisor
The Lead Customer Care Associate provides prompt and courteous customer service assistance through extensive personal contact with the public. Provides route and schedule information, answers inquiries and obtains information for general public, customers, visitors, and other interested parties. Receives complaints and recommendations via telephone, email, fax and in person. Sells fare media and maintains accurate reconciliation records for all revenue instruments and cash receipts. Provides other materials and written information to customers. Performs various clerical and office tasks and related work as assigned. Responsible for helping the Customer Care Supervisor oversee Customer Care Associates. May require work overtime, weekends, evenings, and/or holidays.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Monitors employee time and exceptions to include breaks, lunch hours, availability, etc.
- Monitors adherence to BJCTA administrative guidelines to include dress code, cell phone usage, and overall behaviors.
- Assists with the preparation of employee schedules.
- Handles escalated calls.
- Orders supplies for the department.
- Assists in training efforts as needed.
- Greets public, engages conversation to identify needs, being careful to make an excellent first impression.
- Responds to customer inquiries regarding routes, schedules, fares, and other BJCTA services with complete information and recommendations of BJCTA products to meet customers’ needs.
- Processes, resolves and responds to customer complaints and inquiries.
- Assists customers in understanding BJCTA policies and procedures.
- Operates a cash register; sells bus tokens, tickets, and passes, and other fare media.
- Assists customers with lost items.
- Receives passenger trip reservations.
- Use scheduling software to schedule trips; ability to schedule trips manually.
- Monitors “No-Show” trips and cancellations.
- Determines system capacity to serve trip request(s).
- Estimates wait and ride times for customer trip(s).
- Make call backs to customers, if required, to reschedule trip appointment times.
- Provides support to VIP Dispatcher and ADA Officer, as required.
- Must be sensitive to the needs, challenges, and abilities of the special needs customers.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Completes an assigned task in a safe manner and in a constant state of alertness.
- Works in a cooperative manner with co-workers and supervisors.
- Performs other duties similar in nature and level as assigned.
- Attends mandatory meetings, as required
Supervision: Customer Care Associates
Must be physically able to lift at minimum 40 pounds, drive a company vehicle to distribute bus schedules to outlet locations, malls and neighborhood community centers, when needed.
1.Knowledge of the city and the ability to read city maps. General knowledge of public information and public relations techniques.
2.General knowledge of the operation of a multi-line telephone system.
3.Ability to type 40 WPM and use Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other standard office equipment.
4.Ability to learn new technology in the performance of essential job duties, as required.
5.Ability to communicate effectively with the public by telephone and in person; projecting a friendly voice while communicating with customers and/or visitor by telephone or in person.
6.Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with others.
7.Displays a positive attitude and composure.
8.Wears appropriate clothing and attire consistent with position for a professional appearance that represents BJCTA.
9.Dependable, self-motivated, and professional person.
10.Ability to perform a variety of tasks and the flexibility to change.
Education: High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent.
Experience:Four years of experience working in customer-oriented environment preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Bi-lingual skills preferred. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
BJCTA is a Drug-Free/Smoke-Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.