DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
REPORTS TO: Chief Information Officer
The Information Technology (IT) Specialist is responsible for maintaining computer information systems, modifying systems to improve production or workflow, or expanding systems to serve new purposes. Information management will relate to all aspects of BJCTA's operations planning, monitoring, testing, accounting, forecasting, coordination, scheduling, and communication systems. Required to understand the capabilities of the organization's equipment and software and may be asked to provide recommendations regarding selection of new equipment or software packages. Assists BJCTA in realizing the maximum benefit from its investment in equipment, personnel, and business processes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Assists leadership in directing and organizing all activities of information systems to ensure the effective, efficient, and secure operation of all information technology for BJCTA.
2. Ability to communicate effectively with administration and staff regarding computer problems, software/hardware upgrades, all other aspects of managing information &communication systems.
3. Ensures that computer systems within the organization are compatible so that information can be shared.
4. Responsible for designing hardware and software to allow free exchange of data; networking the organization's computer systems to allow users at all locations to retrieve data and information from a mainframe or server.
5. Performs network modeling, analysis and planning; researches related products and makes necessary hardware and software recommendations. Focuses on the interaction between computer and communications equipment.
6. Designs, develops, and maintains organization's web site and the server, responsible for all technical aspects of organization's website.
7. Recommends, designs, and implement system security.
8. Recommends operating policies and procedures for company-wide systems.
9. Assists administration in developing short- and long-range plans.
10. Prepares project-phase plans, schedules, and cost estimates as directed.
11. Stays abreast of current IT and advancements.
12. Advises management on IT needs.
13. Troubleshoots IT functional deficiencies.
14. Manages priorities through help desk tickets.
15. Recommends IT hardware, software and data communications purchases.
16. Negotiates contracts with vendors for IT equipment.
17. Ability to determine training needs and provide training.
18. Other duties as assigned.
Education: Associate’s Degree in Information Technology or related field.
Experience: Five or more progressive years of experience in Information Technology or Business Information Systems.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration: Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), or A+ certification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Considerable knowledge of current industry trends, products, and services in information systems, processing equipment, and software.
2. Outstanding communication and organizational skills are needed.
3. Skill in using graphic presentation, spreadsheet, and word processing and database management computer applications is required.
4. Customer service orientation is mandatory.
BJCTA is a Drug-Free/Smoke-Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.